Monday, March 4, 2013

Sunny's Take on Never Too Far by Abbi Glines


I am not going to go into detail on what the book is about b/c Darra already did that. Hopefully you have read Fallen Too Far before you read this b/c there will probably be spoilers. 

So the book picks up 3 weeks after Blair finds out that her whole life was a lie and Rush had kept everything from her. She runs back to Alabama and then realizes there is nothing there for her either. Luckily, Bethy really cares about her and basically comes to rescue her. Blair goes back and tries to face her future. 

I really liked the book. I loved Rush and Blair in Fallen Too Far. I was really looking forward to seeing what happened and how they were going to deal with each other. Unfortunately, I really felt like this book was rushed (no pun intended).  I just really felt like there were so many more conversations that could have been had. Rush and Nan conversations. Maybe a little bit more conflict with the whole Meg situation. 

So Abbi Glines has decided to write a third book for Rush and Blair.  I am hoping that it will be longer and a little more in depth than Never Too Far. I mean don't get me wrong...I will reread this book b/c the first one was so awesome but I don't know.  The good thing about this book is it made almost want to read Woods' story. I don't usually like books based on other characters in the original books. So the fact that I kind of want to know more about Woods is good. I am putting the link on this review for the bonus chapter to Never Too Far.  This will set up for the 3rd book. Do NOT click on this link if you have not read Never Too Far!


Honestly, I would probably give this book a 3.6 out of 5. I know a lot of people gave it a 5 out of 5 but I just can't. I would recommend this book just b/c I loved the first one so much. I am really hoping the third will be awesome.

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment