Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dark Light and The Dark Prince by S.L. Jennings

I know I have been gone for a little bit...Darra was threatening to change the name to 1 Brain but I am back...and not even joking...have like 11 books to review...so I am doing Dark Light and The Dark Prince together.


This book takes the fight b/t Dark and Light (Good and Evil) to a different level. You have Gabriella on her 20th birthday thinking about how she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life, she has never really fit in anywhere and trying to tell her best friend that she has been in love with him forever. Her adopted parents give her a book from her birth mother that explains her life. Her mother was a Light Enchantress and her father was a Dark Shadow. They were supposed to kill each other but ended up falling in love and got pregnant. Their people obviously found out and put them to death. Now each side is waiting to find out how Gabriella turns out and what powers she will have. Will she be more Light or more Dark? Who will she side with?  The two sides were not supposed to contact her until her 21st birthday when she was to ascend and receive her powers.  She meets Dorian and is immediately overwhelmingly attracted to him. He has dark hair and super light blue eyes.  He can't seem to take his eyes off of her either. They begin to date and fall in love as she tries to figure out who he is. He drops some hints about believing in magic and stuff like that but Gabby doesn't really know what his deal is. 

I like Gabby a little bit. She does act stupid and I am sorry but if I got a book from my birth mom I am pretty sure I would read it ALL IN ONE SITTING! Not break it up into like a month's worth of reading. So that was annoying and sometimes I would be like YOU JUST READ WHAT DORIAN IS WHY DON'T YOU GET IT??!!???  But who knows...maybe (not likely but just maybe) I was that dumb when I was 20.  OK so the sex was so HOT!!!! I mean I was reading during lunch at my desk and was getting a little squirmy...Christian Grey is total amatuer compared to Dorian!  ***sigh***  And I am not going to lie...I would take Jared in a heartbeat too ;)

I would give this book a 4.5 out of 5. It has mystery and murder along with some seriously hot guys.  I am not going to give anymore away in this portion so if you have not read this book stop now!!! I am going to have spoilers in the next section!



SPOILERS!!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ DARK LIGHT YET!!!!!!

So at the end of Dark Light you know Gabby finds the picture of her adopted parents, her biological parents and her dad's best friend...Dorian!  If you were like me you were going WTF!!! (I thought he was but Darra lied to me and told me No he wasn't--somebody's pants are on fire!) I thought that I had bought The Dark Prince the day before at work and was like looking for it on my Nook and couldn't find it...I was like WHAT!! It took me a good 3 1/2 mins to get the book and download and it was a stressful 3 minutes. So the book opens up with Gabby finding out that Dorian is supposed to kill her. I don't know...I may be like you know what go ahead but can we just YOU KNOW 1 more time...maybe there is something wrong with me but what a way to go :)

So this book goes through the 2nd half of her 20th year and she continues to find herself and figure out if she is more Light or Dark and what she should do. This book was a lot more emotional for me than the first book. I mean I was up down and sideways on this and Darra did receive several hateful texts from me for making me read this...I also recommended this book to Jamie so she can be obsessed with Dorian now. 

So this book is another 4.5 for me. I enjoyed it and I was like OK I know there is going to be another book after this but I felt like she was wrapping the story up pretty well and then CLIFF HANGER!!! UGH...love it and hate it!!!


I don't know what the last book is called but I will be anxiously awaiting the release!!!

Sunny




No comments:

Post a Comment