Saturday, January 19, 2013

SPANK! 50 Shades Parody

IF THIS PLAY COMES TO YOUR CITY OR ONE CLOSE TO YOU GO SEE IT!!!!

 
 
This is honestly the funniest thing I have seen in soooo long...basically I laughed until I cried!  So we can all admit our dirty little secret...we got caught up in the 50 Shades hoopla.  There is no judging here...its a safe place.  So we all read the books, talked about them constantly...and if you remember in those conversations we talked about how the books weren't really written very well, how tired we are all of the perfectly hot innocent klutz virgins who get the super HOT RICH guy and really the Inner Goddess--let's face it I don't have an IG. I have an Inner FAT Bi$#H that is always EATING ICE CREAM and CHOCOLATE and (I kinda love this) is always DRUNK!!!!!!!!  So this play makes fun of all the stuff that we have already complained about--LOVE IT!
 
 
At first I was a little nervous about this play b/c I wasn't really sure what it was going to be like. After about 30 seconds I knew I was in for a treat. I am being 100% serious when I say go see this if you can. It is a 3 person parody on the 50 Shades books and the cast is awesome. It opens with the "author" at home for the weekend with no husband or kids and she decides to write a book.  She is drinking and writing and creates "Natasha" who is of course a perfect innocent unaware college senior. She then creates "Hugh Hanson" the young billionaire with all kinds of issues.  As you can imagine it goes downhill from there. I mean so funny.
 
As the play goes along the cast does come out into the audiance for a couple of ad libs and they did taylor some of the lines for TEXAS! At one point the "author" was writing and "Tasha" was acting it out...she was acting out an armadillo having an orgasm (insert tears of laughter here).  There were a few props...I think I am going to leave it at that....wait no I'm not..."Hugh Hanson" had a helicopter, hover craft, hang gliders and so much more.  "Hugh Hanson" can dance and sing...before the play starts he comes out and does some very "Magic Mike"ish moves and at one point in the play he sings "Can I be your Master, Baby?"  It was pretty freaking good. The song is basically about him trying to get "Natasha" to approve him putting things in her butt. 
 
We all remember how we rolled our eyes when Christian gets the doctor to come for a home visit on a Sunday morning, right?  Well, they made fun of this too by having "Natasha" go into the audience and meet the "DR".  The lady in the front row was hilarious.  She said her name was Dr. Pepe (do we think maybe she is reading the Lux series and has a thing for Pepe???). So the best line from this part is:
Natasha: Dr. Pepe, can I make my boyfriend love me with lots of sex?
Dr. Pepe: If you let him put it in your butt!!!
Audience dies laughing at this point...actress playing author goes to her knees laughing...
Natasha: Can you lift your hands over your head and show me how much I can put in my butt? 
Dr.Pepe: (hands over head measured out well over a foot...think small terrier)
actress playing author bowed on hands and knees to Dr. Pepe.

So for the last time, GO SEE THIS FREAKING PLAY!!!!!!!!!! (and get the Spanktini if they offer it...it is delish!)

Sunny





No comments:

Post a Comment