Saturday, January 12, 2013

Falling for the Ghost of You


I saw this book on Pinterest and decided to look it up. All I can say is Nicole Christie wrote one of the funniest books I have read in awhile. I was seriously giggling constantly through the first half of the book.

The book starts out with Violet coming home from Hawaii for the summer. Don't be jealous of her...she was working all summer...no be jealous...her summer job was in HAWAII!!  Anyways, she gets back to her mother newly engaged to a man she just met and is getting a step-brother in deal as well. After finding out about all of this V goes to meet her boyfriend of a year at the high school hang out and is dumped by him since he is cheating on her with one of their friends. So Violet starts her senior year humiliated.

Her mother springs a surprise on her very quickly. She has to go on her honeymoon before the wedding and wants V to stay with a family friend. All goes well until the family friend has a family emergency and leaves. Violet has to stay with her future step-brother...Zane.  He is staying at the new house to keep an eye on renovations for the month long honeymoon. As they become friends and figure out that they have a lot in common it becomes apparent that they both find each other attractive.  Violet also figures out that Zane is keeping some huge secret from her and she can't figure out what it could be.

I have one MAJOR issue with this book. Violet is naturally blond and colors her hair darker. WHO DOES THAT?? Everyone knows blonds have more fun!!!!  Yes, I am blond :)

So I have said before that I love the happily ever afters and I read so that I can get away from reality. This book totally does it for me. Girl goes from middle class to super rich step-father and HOT step-brother (also super rich in his own right) that is totally into her...PERFECTLY UNREALISTIC & I LOVE IT!!

I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars. You should probably read this book when you need a pick me up or don't want anything too heavy. 

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment