Friday, January 18, 2013

On Dublin Street...Sunny's Take



I finished this book a few days ago and it was very good. This is another book Darra recommended to me that I kept putting off saying "Uh, sure, I'll read that soon..."  Unfortunately, as usual, she was correct-I enjoyed it.  

So basically you have a girl with a terrible history. Her family dies when she is 14 and she goes into foster care until she is 18. She does the wild and crazy thing for awhile until she figures out that is not a good idea. She leaves the States and goes to Scotland for college and plans on staying there afterwards. She has a best friend that has as many issues as she does so she does not really have to get too close to anyone. Needless to say she must move into a different apartment and she meets Ellie Carmichael.  Ellie is a open friendly girl that wants to be Joss' friend.  Along with Ellie, Joss meets Braden Carmichael...and seriously wow! Braden and Joss are trying to find a friendship/relationship/agreement that they can both live with...

I am going to leave it there because I am always afraid I give too much away.  There are some steamy scenes so if that is what you are looking for you found your book!  Braden is no Jericho Barrons but he would definitely be in my top 5 of book boyfriends.  I really like Joss too because she is not a weak girl. She has handled so much in her life and continues to live the way she wants. I would give this book 4.2 stars out of 5.

On a side note: I am reading a different book right now and it is taking me longer to get through than normal. So hang tight and be prepared...

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment