Friday, February 15, 2013

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Barely!

Taking Chances by Molly McAdams was another book that made me want to throw my Nook, Jericho (yes-after Barrons), across the room. So, of course, I loved it! I mean what is not to love about being totally heartbroken about fictional characters!!!

The book is about Harper, a girl raised by her Marine father. Her mother died giving birth to her and her dad being a Marine was not overly affectionate and really didn't know what to do with her. I am not saying this is all Marines but you know when I think of them I think totally 100% hardcore badass with no emotions.  So Harper grows up on base with a lot of "brothers".  She decides to get as far away from that life as possible and goes to college across the country. She meets her roommate and new best friend, Bree. Bree took her under her wing and helped her dress like a girl and also took her to her brother's parties. Harper meets Chase and is totally attracted but Chase (Bree's brother) is a playboy.  A couple of weeks into school Harper meets one of Chase's roommates, Brandon, and it is basically love at first sight. Unfortunately, Chase and Harper have a connection too that is a lot like love. I don't want to go too much into the story b/c there are things that happen that can not be explained and not ruin the book. So just know you have the love triangle and it sucks b/c both guys are AWESOME! Anyways, fate intervenes in this story a few times too and it changes everyone's lives forever...

First, I totally fell for Chase from the beginning. He is great even though he is really kind of an A#$hole.  He is the cute surfer boy that is out to have fun. Brandon is great too. He is an underground MMA fighter and both of them have the tattoos. Harper is a little bit annoying but definitely not the worst I have read. I was totally devastated in this book--like almost where I was at the end of Ruining Me (read it if you haven't yet!).  

I think I am going to give this book a 4 out of 5.  Read it when you have time to be a little emotional and sentimental.  

Sunny


No comments:

Post a Comment