Monday, February 18, 2013

Music and Books?!?!?!?


I am super excited that we figured out how to put music on the blog--yes I need a Blogging for Dummies book! I have never really thought about the fact that there are some books that automatically make me think of certain songs and vice versa. So Darra and I put a few songs on the playlist (and yes I picked the color!) but then I was trying to think about some of the books I have read and what songs I want.

Some are pretty easy. I picked Hey Pretty Girl by Kip Moore b/c when I hear it on the radio I think of Ella and Micha--he calls her pretty girl. Of course Darra rolled her eyes b/c it is country so just FYI if a country song shows up on there it was me...I am all about the country :)  Last Kiss by Pearl Jam makes me think of Jay and JT in Ruining Me by Nicole Reed.  I added Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin (Darra would not let me add Bi*ch by Meredith Brooks so I needed a different theme song for myself.) just b/c I am conceited and LOVE anything to do with Sunny and sunshine. 

Some authors make it easy too. Jessica Sorensen talks about music a lot in Ella and Micha. I could add several songs that she talks about. We added The Scientist by Coldplay b/c of 50 Shades of Grey.  Darra will have to tell you why she picked the songs she did. I picked the Dashboard Confessionals mainly b/c they are not country and that doesn't happen very often with me. Maybe I can throw in some Pat Green for From Ashes by Molly McAdams!! 

I am going to leave you with some questions:

Do you have songs that go with books?
What are they?
Have you ever thought about it before?
What would you like to hear while reading our blogs?

I do have a couple of reviews to do so stay tuned!!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment