Friday, April 5, 2013

Beautiful Disaster & Walking Disaster By Jamie McGuire


Darra read Beautiful Disaster FOREVER ago and told me to read it. I was like "ok whatever I'll get to it when I get to it" b/c when she read it she thought that our friend Allison would love it and totally fall for Travis. When she described him I was like "yeah no don't want to read it."  So for a couple of years I refused. Then when she kept talking about Walking Disaster I was like "fine...I'll read the stupid book...geez!"  And now I have to admit that as usual Darra picks great books...hate that.  I totally fell for Travis--100%!

So Beautiful Disaster is told from Abby's POV and Walking Disaster is told from Travis' POV. Honestly, I fell for Travis in Beautiful and Walking just made me go deeper. Travis if freaking awesome and being in head just makes him that much better. The only thing that I don't like was that I started to like Abby a little less in Walking. Probably b/c I am a little jealous (yes-jealous of a fictional character-stop judging me!) but hey what can you do.  I read a review before it came out where the blogger said that she didn't think that there were many of Travis' thoughts in the book. It was mostly just his actions. I really don't know what book she was reading b/c I felt like I got a lot of his thoughts and feelings. All I can say is you should definitely read both books. I would say read Beautiful Disaster first. I don't know if there was anything that would not make sense if you read Walking first but just in case...

So I think I would give Beautiful Disaster a 4.7 and Walking Disaster a 4.8 out of 5.

Sunny

P.S. Thank you Jamie McGuire for the shirt--I love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment