Monday, February 22, 2016

The Devil You Know (Speak of the Devil Bk 3) by Shawna Romkey!!!


The Devil You Know (Speak of the Devil Book 3) By Shawna Romkey!!!


Book 3 in the Speak of the Devil series

Holy Hell!

 After battling her way back from Hell only to discover Luc didn't make it out, Lily must rally the angels to descend back into the Devil's domain. Now she has thirty days to rescue her angelic warrior boyfriend and break the curse to free God before Lucifer and his demon army destroy all of humanity on Earth. Forget passing the eleventh grade. Lily must face the ultimate final exam to give the Devil his due and save the world before the reapers catch up and deliver the death she cheated from them a year ago.

 


Darra's Review:


We have been on the look out for this book to come out. Absolutely loved the first two books. Shawna has such a twist on how to represent angels vs the Devil. This is why her books speak to us and made us crave for more.
The last book left us screaming at Shawna for ending it there. Great cliffhanger. So I can't imagine any reader feeling like the story could end at her second book.
Onto the characters. I thought Lily was brave throughout the book. Her loyalty for Luc goes on forever. When you feel like she  could not do more, she finds a way to make it back to him. I loved Luc from the beginning. So I think he could do no wrong. With a few scenes, cringe is not a strong enough word to explain how I felt. At one point, I was silently crying at my desk at lunch(Don't judge me!).
Shawna writes to make you personal feel the characters anguish, happiness and loyalty. I should not say more. However there was a scene with the Devil that threw me for a loop. Ugh, you want to hate him! And the end made my heart soar. That's it! No more from me!

Sunny has it dead on. I give it a 4.8. Loved all three and definitely should be on your reading list.   

Sunny's Review:

OMG! I can't tell you how excited I was to get this book. Honestly, I might have emailed Shawna a few times and asked when this book was going to be ready. I love this series. If you remember from my review of The Devil Made Me Do It, I was really torn because I totally loved Lucifer and that conflicted my little Catholic heart. So this book picks up right where book 2 left off. There was quite a bit of okay what do we need to do and let's go do it in this book. It went very quickly for me. There were some parts where my chest tightened up and I was like "oh yeah, that is why the devil is bad" moments but I still have a little bit of a soft spot for him.

Lily was great in this book. She was not whiny and like oh poor pitiful me. She has to make some tough decisions and I like that she made them and stood up to people.  Luc was Luc. I wanted to shake him and yell at him but still amazing. I mean if my guardian angel was like him, I might have to do some dumb things so he was always around. (Dear Guardian Angel, I am kidding. I am not going to purposely do dumb things to keep you busy. --Sunny)

I think this book does a great job of wrapping up the series and honestly I love Shawna's writing. I am going to make some time to read her other book, Crow Moon. I am pretty sure that I am also going to be stalking her for more books. She might end up hating that she is super nice and answers all my emails. :)

You have to read this series in order and I totally recommend it. This book is 4.6 stars out of 5 and the series as a whole is definitely 4.8 stars. Go get them and enjoy!!!
 

PURCHASE LINKS


Amazon CA ~ http://goo.gl/qLDVA5




Goodreads ~ https://goo.gl/WDo1f9
 

About Shawna Romkey:

Shawna grew up around farms in the heart of Missouri but went to the University of Kansas, was raised in the US but now lives on the ocean in Nova Scotia with her husband, two sons, two dogs and one overgrown puppy from hell. She’s a non-conformist who follows her heart.

She has her BA in creative writing from the University of Kansas where one of her plays was chosen by her creative writing professor to be produced locally, and two of her short stories were published in a university creative arts handbook. She earned her MA in English from Central Missouri State University where she wrote a novel as her thesis.

She’s taught English at the university and secondary levels for close to twenty years and can’t quite fathom how all of her students have grown up, yet she’s managed to stay the same. She’s a huge geek and fan of Xena, Buffy and all kick ass women, and loves to write stories that have strong female characters.
 

1 comment: