Thursday, February 4, 2016

Trigger The Pericolo Series Review!


Synopsis:
STANDALONE in The Pericolo Series.

I used to watch her through the lights. I watched as her body turned and twisted as she morphed into my siren. 
I wanted her—I craved every ounce of Ryleigh Turner. But I knew once I had her, all I would do was corrupt every inch of her pretty little soul. 
Valentinos aren't made for tales of love. We star in the horror stories you fear.
We're the monsters that make you scared to ever hope again.
It's time that she realizes that.

He's watched me for months, given me every reason to allow my curiosity to start killing me slowly.
He makes the world melt away; he makes me want to throw all my inhibitions away and greet him personally. But every time the music ends and the lights lift, he vanishes, crushing my hopes.
Until one day, a moment of chance happens.
How does a man like Dante Valentino cope with a woman as messed up as me? Easy.
I let him have every inch of my tainted soul.
Not all love stories have a beautiful start.
Some just need a perfect trigger.

**This is a dark romance with intense scenes of murder and sex. There is coarse language used throughout. Not for the faint hearted.

Links:
 
 


Darra's Review:

I received this book for a honest review. When you start the book you will automatically be thrown into the world of Dante and Ryleigh. Read the first 20 pages and you find that Dante is...no words to describe him. It was a "whoa, did that happen?" That pretty much sums up my feelings for him.

What a crap storm of a life did Ryleigh have! However she took it with a grain of salt and moved onto what she has planned all her life. Except Dante shows up and draws her into his world. Ryleigh is somewhat a natural to what he does. Strong and independent. Needs no one to take care of her. (Mostly)

The problem with them is how it will effect them emotionally. You cannot help but get attached to someone you are attracted to and have a goal that relates to both. This is the twist.

At times, Dante became a bit wordy. Over explained himself and what a terrible person he is. This may be the psycho in me but parts of the book I wanted to say "Just do it!"

The book ends and at one point I did curse. Luckily there was a synopsis and one sentence that alleviated  my thoughts of the ending. Good ending that may not be the usual and ridiculous happily ever after.

I rate the book a 4. Fascinating, raw and unique on its own.




No comments:

Post a Comment