Friday, March 24, 2017

Fighting Pride by Jennifer Miller!!!


Synopsis:

It’s been five years since I’ve seen her. 

Five years since we lost everything.

Five years since I sold my soul to the devil and broke her heart to save her. 

The years have been long, the sacrifice and loneliness have been crippling…and now, she’s back.

I’m not supposed to see her, talk to her – I’m not supposed to want her. It will only break open wounds I’ve fought to keep closed, but I can’t stay away. I tell myself I only want to see her face, to know my sacrifice has been worth it. 

Because I sold my soul, and sometimes I’d do anything, even if it means hurting her again, to get it back.

Darra's Review:

What an emotional roller coaster right from the beginning! Such tragedy that happens in their lives that drives a wedge in their relationship. Which was understandable. Years go by and their lives were completely separate until Tatum's set up to open for a art gallery. 

Then Cole see's her and everything emotion drives back into his heart. Tatum becomes confused with the bitter sweet memories of what happened before she left.

This book takes off immediately with a great plot. And does not end till the last page. I fell in love with Cole and understood the pain for Tatum. Cole was the reason why I loved the book so much. Talking about unconditional love. He takes 20 more steps than what any person would do. He has a heart of gold despite the 5 years of hell he has lived since she left.

There is nothing about this book I didn't like. With the exception of Jax's Dad and Tatum's colds feelings for the people and places she used to love. However as a great book, it goes through every emotion that you can ever imagine.

I rate the book a 4.7 out of 5. Cole was an amazing, one of a kind character I can't help but think of many times since I finished the book.

Sunny's Review:

I have not read a book by Jennifer Miller that I have not liked. They are all well written and she has a gift for writing that makes you feel what her characters are feeling. I actually forgot how much I like the Deadly Sins Series until I jumped into this book.

I fell for Cole from page two and never looked back. He is pretty amazing and he might be my favorite guy in this series. He put his life on the back burner for Tatum multiple times. He never wanted anything except for her to have everything in the world. When their world was decimated he did what he had to do to pick her up and save her. He made tough decisions and did not complain about them. 

Tatum was a little harder for me to like. Yes, her world was turned upside down and she was going through so much. She did not know all of the sacrifices that Cole made for her and she was hurt by him just as much by the unforeseen circumstances in their lives. She had to go and try to heal and survive. She did that and it while she is trying to convince herself she is happy, she has to face Cole again along with the rest of her past. 

I really like this book and I am giving it 4.5 stars out of 5. Go get this. If you need a good cry, this book will help you get there. 

Buy the Book: Amazon  B&N

About Jennifer Miller

Author Jennifer Miller was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, but now calls Arizona home. Jennifer’s love of reading began when she was a small child, and only continued to grow as she entered adulthood. Ever since winning a writing contest at the young age of nine, when she wrote a book about a girl with a pet unicorn, she’s dreamed of writing a book of her own. Quickly learning that dreams don’t just fall into your lap, she knew she had to chase them herself and not be afraid to dream a little bigger. Most importantly, she is a wife and mother, and is very lucky to have a family that loves and supports her in all things. She also has an unhealthy addiction to handbags and chocolate covered strawberries, neither of which she cares to change. For more information about Jennifer and her books please visit www.jennifermillerwrites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment