Thursday, June 16, 2016

Where One Goes by BN Toler!!


Synopsis:

What happens when the very thing ruining your life, ends up saving it? I was never one to believe in spirits—until six years ago, when a bone-chilling accident changed my life…forever. My name is Charlotte, but most people call me Char…and I have a special gift. I talk to the dead. Make no mistake, I can’t summon them. I’m only able to see and speak to the spirits that linger when they’re unable to crossover. They’re somehow weighted to the world with unfinished affairs. And for the last six years, I’ve relentlessly used my gift to help their lost souls. But it’s come at a price. My life is dark. Feeling despondent, I’ve begun to give up. And in helping the dead, I’ve realized I haven’t allowed myself to live. With no money, no place to go, and most importantly… no hope, I’ve decided there is only one option—to end it all. But fate is a funny thing. One minute, I’m about to leap to my death, and the next, I’m saved by Ike McDermott. The strong, striking soldier stopped me from putting an end to my despair. He’s the kind of man that smiles and brightens an entire room. Sweet and gentle. He is my savior. And he’s dead. We’ve made an agreement. He’ll help me find a place to stay and a new job if I’ll help him with his unfinished business so that he may crossover. Ike’s unfinished matter involves his twin brother, George. George has been falling apart since Ike’s death and Ike has not been able to compel himself to crossover in peace until he knows George will be okay. When I agreed to help, little did I know that I’d fall in love with the charming folks of Bath County, and…Ike and George McDermott. Now, as both brothers own equal parts of my heart, I am faced with a cruel and unfair predicament. In saving George, I must let go of Ike. But how does one let go of half of their heart?

Darra's Review:

I happened to be going through Amazon and stumbled upon this book. Obviously there were great reviews. Read the synopsis and it intrigued me. I like the unusual stories that are their own. Where One Goes is just that.
Charlotte has such a hard life because she is living to save the dead. It is absolutely selfless and it drives her to the deepest despair. At the moment in her life that she can not handle it anymore, Ike shows up. It happens so quickly, but he turns her life upside down.
Ike has died and is seeing the destruction of his twins life, George. That is what he needed Char for. The resolution that George will be okay. Except his relationship with Char is so much more. She now is at a stopping point of who she cares most in her life. George, Ike, their family and her own family.
I can't describe how emotional this book left me. It pulls all the strings to your heart. The characters are beautiful. They are the ones that grab hold of your soul and do not want to let go. BN Toler wants her readers to experience what each character feels. She has done that and so much more.
I cried, and cried, and cried more. Truly an extraordinary story and swept through it within 2 days. I made Sunny read it immediately. The story was....Speechless

I rate the book a 4.8. It touched my heart and I can not imagine it would not do the same to any other reader.

Sunny's Review:

This book....WOW...You need to be prepared for this one. I was not sure if I could trust all the 5 star reviews but I was not disappointed. The story is really great. The author makes you feel so much of what the characters are feeling. I was literally smiling and laughing out loud on some parts.

Char is great. She has had a really hard life and you have to feel sorry for her. Even though she is at the end of her rope, she still stops and helps Ike. She is a really strong character and I was not annoyed with her at all. Ike is freaking amazing. I fell in love with him from almost page 1. George is interesting. I wanted to hate him but you really can't. I can only imagine how great George was before Ike's death. I wish I had gotten a little bit more time with George but I found some majorly redeeming factors in him.

I am not going to lie to you, I cried. It was ugly crying. It was a lot of ugly crying. I am giving this book 4.9 out of 5 stars. Go get this book and read it.

Buy The Book: Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment