Friday, June 20, 2014

The Keatyn Chronicles by Jillian Dodd!!!!

Synopsis:

I've finally become the kind of girl my little sisters could look up to.

Except for the lies.

Lying to my friends is killing me.

And the longer I'm there--the closer we get--the more I feel like I'm being eaten from the inside out.

If I go back to Eastbrooke, I'll end up nothing but a shell.

So I'm not going back.

I'm going to St. Croix by myself. And for the first time in my life, I'm okay with being alone.


Except . . . I don't actually end up on the island alone.

Sunny's Review:

So I have really fallen in love with this series. I started reading it after I read That Boy and That Wedding from Jillian Dodd. I love her writing and her characters. At first I was not sure about this series since Keatyn is in high school but honestly she is dealing with so much stuff beyond her years. Plus, she has to deal with regular high school drama. Needless to say I love this series and I don't know what I am going to do when it is over.
 
Adore Me is a an awesome novella that lets you see more of Damian. He is one of Keatyn's childhood friends and probably knows her the best. He has been there with her since they were little and is basically her brother. As much as he is friends with Brooklyn I feel like Keatyn comes first. He even puts some of his own happiness to the side for her. You could seriously not ask for a better friend than Damian and this book makes you fall in love with him like you with Danny in That Boy. You also get to see what happens with her unexpected guests. I don't want to tell you who else shows up but I will tell you that there are some many AWWWWW moments. I love it!!!!
 
This book happens between Love Me and Hate Me during the Thanksgiving Break. I am giving it 4.7 stars out of 5.

Synopsis:

I was told if I went away, he'd forget about me, lose interest, and move on.
But he hasn't.
In fact, my being gone has only made things worse.
So it's time for me to take matters into my own hands.
It's time for me to fight back.
Hey, Vincent. You ready for a little chaos?
 

Sunny's Review:

This book...I read it in one sitting. I mean I could not put it down AT ALL!!! This series just keeps getting better and better. This picks up where Adore Me ends (like all the books) and Keatyn continues to grow. She finally decides to stop sitting and waiting for Vincent to come get her and starts trying to fight back. She does make some bad decisions but again...she is only 17. The stuff that she deals with would be hard for any normal adult let alone a high school kid cut off from her family. I continued to fall more in love with so many of the characters. After every book I think "this is my favorite!" and it is true with HATE ME. I think it is my favorite...you know until GET ME comes out or I reread the series again!
 
I am giving this book 4.8 stars out of 5. If you haven't gotten on board with this series you need to. You are missing so much!!!
 
 

Amazon  B&N




No comments:

Post a Comment