Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Trials by Sarah Biermann!!

Synopsis:

"They think Jeremy murdered her."

Drugs pushed them away...will murder bring them together?

Since losing the rock star love of her life, Harvard Law student Dylan Ackhart is doing the best she can to move on. Now in her third and final year, she's doing well in school and just landed her dream internship in Boston's District Attorney's office. She keeps away from the news so she doesn't hear about Jeremy Mason- about his frequent parties, new women, and apparent drug use.

But when the body of a young girl is found in his home, suddenly Dylan and Jeremy are thrust together in the most difficult and awkward of circumstances. Dylan is forced to choose between the only man she ever loved and the only dream she ever wanted. Will she leave everything behind and be with Jeremy? Or will Jeremy find himself in more trouble than she can help him out of?

 

Goodreads

Sunny's Review:

So this book picks up with Dylan having moved on from Jeremy. She was basically cut off by him and trying to make life work with Scott.  She is about to get an intern position with the prosecutors office and Jeremy is accused of murder and she is on the team to help build a case against him. Jeremy maintains his innocence and you see how Dylan struggles with dealing with her job and her feelings for the man that she still loves.

I personally love Scott and think he is AWESOME. I know I am supposed to be all about Jeremy and Dylan finding each other again but I just don't like it. There are a lot of things that Jeremy does in this book that annoys me. I do not want to spoil it for you so I won't tell you. I don't like the ethical issues that Dylan ignores either.

I do like this series in that it is not a cut and dry, black and white story. Even though I do not like the way that Dylan handles things I don't know if I was in the same position I would have done anything differently. I would like to think that I would but who knows.

I am giving this book 4.1 stars out of 5.  Make sure you read Tracks before you read Trials.

Buy the Books

Amazon US  Amazon UK

 

Excerpt:

I go through the rest of the day in a haze, purposely shutting my brain off to the point where I’m just barely able to function normally. I don’t want to even begin to process what happened in that questioning room. I’m kept busy by meeting all of my colleagues, learning the new paperwork and policies that need to be done in Homicide, as well as other things interns typically take care of. By the time I’m finally walking out of my building and towards my car, I’m so emotionally and mentally exhausted I feel like going home and falling into bed.

I take the back door again just in case but I’m relieved to see that the press has cleared from the front of the building. I see my little car far off in the distance and take my time walking towards it.

“Dylan,” I hear suddenly.

Oh, God…

I freeze in my tracks and swing myself around. I see his silver Honda stopped in the middle of my street. Jeremy’s staring out the window, his blonde hair shining in the sun and sunglasses reflecting my shocked face.

“Huh?” I mumble out.

“Get in,” he says. I stare at him like he’s crazy before I turn to continue walking towards my car.

“Dylan, get in the car,” I hear him say as his car inches to match my stride. His voice is low and demanding. It makes my heart lurch in my chest.

“Are you nuts?” I whisper out of the side of my mouth. “I can’t be seen with you.”

“You won’t be if you get in the fucking car.”

I sigh, my resolve wavering, but keep moving forward.

“Dylan, I swear to God I will get out and throw you in this car.”

Goddamnit.
I turn and run around the front of his car, opening the passenger door and flopping onto the seat. I barely get my door shut before he drives away.

About Sarah Biermann:

Sarah Biermann, RN, BSN was born Wilmington, Delaware and grew up in Claymont. She attended Cab Calloway School of the Arts in Wilmington for high school, majoring in creative writing. She went on to Montgomery County Community College in Blue Bell, PA for her Associates Degree in Nursing. She recently graduated Drexel University with her BSN in nursing and is currently in their Masters program for nursing education. Sarah's nursing specialty is in drugs and alcohol detox and rehab.

 Sarah has been married to her husband, Jon, for 8 years. She has two beautiful daughters: Anna, age 7, and Quinn, age 2. They live in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. 

She enjoys reading, singing, art, music, television, going to the movies, Hershey Park, and writing. "Tracks"- the first book in the "Rock Bottom" series- is her first book.

Sarah is currently working on the second book in the "Rock Bottom" series- titled "Trials"- coming soon.
 

Facebook  Goodreads  Amazon

 

GIVEAWAY!!

 

Comment on this blog post before November 5th and we will randomly select one person to get a free ecopy of TRIALS!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment