Saturday, July 27, 2013

Emerge by S. E. Hall

 Synopsis:

Laney Walker is a quick witted, athletic, southern tomboy who lets few get too close, using her sarcastic zingers to deflect. She also has no idea how others view her since Evan, her best friend, has coveted her since they were children. But college puts a gap between Laney and Evan that neither of them were prepared for- old relationships are tested, new ones are formed and nothing will ever be the same.

Especially when in walks one Dane Kendrick, not at all the familiar, southern charmer of home, but an animal all his own.

A story of growing up, friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love...and life.



Sunny's Review:

When I first started this book I was like OK another love triangle...whatever...but this book really surprised me. I really like Laney. She is not just a whiny girl that can't decide between 2 guys. You get to see Laney and Evan in high school and you will totally fall for him. He is a great guy that constantly wants to take care of Laney. They are best friends and he finally tells her that he is in love with her and wants to be more than friends. When they finally accept that fact that they will be at separate schools Laney has the foresight to tell Evan they need to go back to being just friends. It makes sense but your heart breaks for both of them. There are times after they leave for school when you want to slap Evan across the face but I mean is so AWESOME. 

When Laney's roommate finally gets her to go out and make some friends she meets Dane and his group. You know that Laney is going to be friends with guys since that is who she feels the most comfortable with. Zach and Sawyer start to look out for Laney and are great friends for her. Her roommate Bennett is also awesome. Dane falls for Laney almost from the first minute. He is great. Even though he is not in school he works and spends a lot of time with Trey (his brother & Bennett's boyfriend). Laney spends more time with him and is upfront and honest about her feelings for Evan. Dane is super rich and I was thinking that I was going to hate him...but again I was surprised that I really like him. Since Evan came first I thought I would 100% Team Evan but Dane does so many awesome things that I liked him too.  


This book left me with my mouth dropped open so many times. I can't tell you and ruin the book for you but OMG...I couldn't believe a lot of it. I honestly don't know even now if I am Team Evan or Team Dane. They are both awesome...I can't wait for the next book to come out in October. I think this book gets 4.3 stars out of 5 stars. I recommend you go get it, read it and then tell me if you can choose between these two!!

Purchase Link:





No comments:

Post a Comment