Friday, July 6, 2018

The Downside of Falling Review

                                                           
This isn’t a story about a love triangle. There is no triangle involved. This isn’t a story about an accidental pregnancy. Although having a baby with her . . . I would. This isn’t a story about lies and deception, even though at times I’ve lied to myself. No, this is my story. A story about sacrifice. A story about a man who fell in love with the wrong girl. A story I wish I never had to tell. This is a story about the true meaning of the downside of love.  

AVAILABLE NOW

AMAZON | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

  Darra’s Review:


I must have been overly involved because I was so mad how the last chapter ended in The Upside of Falling. It was a moment “Really Meghan, you left me hanging???” I was Team Colby all the way. He did no wrong and I was rooting for him. I won’t tell you the ending of the first book just in case if you have not read it but I was slightly shocked that the main story line was about Colby’s best friend, Stryder. You know where this is going. Yes, Stryder turns out to be a amazing person and which Rory can’t help but want to be close.
The problem I had was despite Rory telling Colby he must leave, doesn’t justify how she changes her feelings only months later. I thought it was a true love. Colby would have given up his dream to be with her. And once I read this, I overestimated Rory’s feelings for him.
I won’t lie, I really did enjoy finding out who Stryder really was. He was an amazing guy. However I was disappointed with Rory. She wanted a fixer upper and I do not think that is a quality that someone should be looking when meeting a person.  
I rate the book a 4.3 out of 5.

Sunny's Review:

I don't really know what to say about this book. It is not one of my favorites but I can see why a lot of people will love it. If you have not read The Upside of Falling, please stop reading this review. It contains spoilers from that book. 

I totally fell for Colby in the first book and while the second book is Stryder's story, I just did not love him like I love Colby. I was not a huge Rory fan in the first book so it was really hard for me to like her in this book. Okay, so I think that Rory was a coward. She used her brother as an excuse to not live her life with Colby. I understand that it would have been hard but she could have made everything work if she really wanted to be with him. Stryder was a really good guy and I liked him once I got to see more about him. He had a rough life growing up and then did not get his dream because of his father. I am not a fan of insta-love and I think that is the biggest problem that I have with this story. 

Most people are going to read this duet and love the heartbreak and angst running through it. It is a good story and emotions are all over the place. I am giving this book 4.4 stars out of 5. If you need a summer binge, this could be the one for you.
                                                              
Tucked away at the base of the Rocky Mountains lived a little boy with one singular dream: leave this broken and battered home and become someone. Be somebody’s hero. That boy was me—Colby Brooks. Except I’m not that same little boy anymore. My dreams might still be the same, but my reality isn’t. I’m smarter. Stronger. A man. And I learned a long damn time ago, the only way to achieve my dreams was to avoid distractions—at any cost. Focus. Resolve. Determination. But all it took was one single night. One night and my entire life…changed. One night had me colliding head first with the biggest distraction of my life; Rory Oaks. Smart. Charming. Beautiful. Rory changed everything. Quickly, my one-track mind started to bend. Each kiss faded decade-long dreams. And with one single incident, I fly off course.   Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU                                                       

                                                         
 Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped. Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking. Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze! Facebook | Follow on Goodreads | Website | Amazon Author Page | Instagram | Follow on BookBub  

No comments:

Post a Comment