Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Water Wishes by Elizabeth York Release and Review



Title: Water Wishes
Series: Water Series Book #2
Author: Elizabeth York
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Release Date: January 6, 2016


Candice Monroe had a fiance Chase Matson who she thought was dead. After his funeral she found comfort in the arms of his partner, Jason Monroe. This new yet old love led her down an aisle as wedding bells sang. 
Shock and dismay hit as her deceased fiance stood alive and well in the back of the church as she said her vows. 
People she thought were dead are very much alive. Love she thought she lost was merely buried under pain. Not being able to grasp the emotional turmoil Candice does what she does best... runs. 
Will she ever stop running?
Which man will she choose?
Can she be the hero or will she become a victim as the game of rush and roulette began on her life before she even knew it had.






 

 


Darra's Review:


I read both Wishing on the Water and Water Wishes back to back. So I got the full effect of each character. I really try not to be harsh on the characters, but I loathed Candice. Loved Jax, Mark and Brooklyn. However Candy had about every characteristic I do not like. She was weak, overly sensitive and would make terrible decisions.
Despite my feelings about her, I did like the story plot. I did not guess that some of the people were who they turned out to be. There was many surprises that will throw you off. The story had up's and downs and will make you frustrated and happy at times. Which is good.
I did have an issue with the ending. Yes, it did wrap up in a pretty bow that was unexpected and abrupt. The issue I had with half of Water Wishes was it was over the top. It became confusing and at times you couldn't decipher who was bad or good. Too much flip flop and it made it difficult to enjoy the character.

I would rate the book at 3.1. This may be a book that was not so much for me. However it may be my opinion. This could be a great book to other readers.

Sunny's Review:



I liked these books a little bit better than Darra did. We did talk while we were reading them and our feelings on Candice are the same. I might even put her higher in my hated female characters than Bella Swam and Ana Steele. I understand her being confused and not sure what to do with her feelings for Jax but honestly after she found out some things regarding Chase, some things should have been easier for her. I absolutely loved Jax. He was great and totally put up with too much crap from Candy and did everything he could to try to find Chase's killer. Mark and Brooklyn were awesome and I really liked them. I am unsure on my feelings for Kate and Eddie but their story is in the next book, Chase Me.

The story line was really good. I liked it and I personally liked some of the twists and turns. You couldn't always tell who was good and who was bad but I liked trying to guess. There were some confusing parts and I didn't really like the ending. I know a lot of people that would absolutely love these books. I like Elizabeth's writing and it was easy for me to read.

I am giving this book 3.5 stars out of 5. I have said before and will forever say that just because I don't like a book does not mean that the book is bad or that you should not read it. Elizabeth York did a great job of sucking me into a book where I didn't like the main character. You have to be a really good author to do that. I say give it a try. I know I am harsh on female characters because I don't like to be weak. Maybe that is my flaw. Anyways, go get these books while they are on sale!

 







Up and coming author Elizabeth York has been writing for about seven years. Located in the southeast, she spends her days drinking sweet tea on the porch with her laptop in hand. She has devoted her life to her family and her books. With the loss of her Father to cancer in 2010 she makes "Dear Daddy" dedication pages in each book and donates 10% royalties to cancer research.
Take the time to get to know the characters and you will love them as much as she does.






HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment