Friday, January 22, 2016

Progress by Amalie Silver!!!

Jesse
I admit, I didn’t think much of Charlie at first. She was rounder than the girls who usually caught my eye. Not my type. But when I saw her sitting in that booth alone, for the first time something in my mind or my instincts or my heart told me to join her.

She defied me.
She challenged me.
She gave me hope.
Before I knew it, moving forward was my only option.

Charlie
I couldn’t tell you when it happened, but it had to have been a gradual change; I never moved too quickly.

If someone would have told me earlier that year what I was going to go through, I wouldn't have believed them.

Jesse was so different from anyone I’d met before. And everyone I’ve met since. He sucked all the life out of me, in the best—and worst—ways.

We don’t get strong overnight. For most of us it takes time. Strength isn’t measured by how high and fast our walls go up, but how easily we can watch them fall.

Darra's Review:

We have been seeking out books that have a new plot. That do not sound like so many other books we have read. I believe we found one that is unique on its own.
I have read Amalie before. This was absolutely opposite than what I read before.
Regarding both Charlie and Jesse, you will have strong feelings for both. I cannot say it is all sparkles and sunshine. There is raw emotions that Charlie feels about herself along with Jesse. I liked her mostly throughout the book. There were times I thought her reaction was unbelievable and she disregarded herself for too long. That may have disappointed me. Wishing she would stand up for herself and stop with the pity party in her head.
As for Jesse. Although there is reason for his reactions in situations, I cannot understand how he got away with how he treated others. Deep down he had the best intentions when it came to Charlie. However it gets to a point it is down right dreadful reading what he would do next. You will be conflicted with how to feel about Jesse. Especially at the end.
I was so disappointed with Charlie at the end. How did she become this way? I can only imagine how Jesse will react in the next book.

Despite how I make this book sound dreadful, it is not. Very interesting and read it quickly. A taste of Charlie's life that is new to me. A story that can be possible in the real world. It will give you a lump in your throat.

I would rate the book a 4.4. Worth the read if you can handle a emotional roller coaster.

Sunny's Review:

So Darra signed us up for this book and I had no idea what it was about before I started it. I never looked up the synopsis or anything. The first half of this book was very hard for me to read. I think basically everything Charlie thought and said about herself I have thought and said the same about myself. I really think that most people probably have too. So that part of the book is hard because who really wants to be reminded of the worst parts of themselves. Charlie has very low self esteem and there are some reasons that she talks about. I am not sure about her friends. I feel like they never really stood up for her growing up. There was one aspect of her childhood that she mentions but never really goes in depth. Jesse...I don't even know what to say about him. I could not get on board with him at all. I understand the issues he has. I understand he has had a jacked up life. I tried to be sympathetic with him but I just kept saying oh my gosh you are a jerk! I did feel like Amalie did a great job of showing his issues. I really felt the Whirl he was in and I felt the Grim. I still don't like him though.

These characters really are so destructive to each other and I totally understand why they keep coming back together. This could happen in real life very easily. I do want to know what happens in the next book.

I am giving this book 4.4 stars out of 5. It is very well written. I really wanted to yell at these characters and in my opinion that means the author did a great job making me feel. Go get this book and remember that you will possibly have to look at yourself.

BUY THE BOOK! AMAZON


AMALIE SILVER:

I spend way more time on social media than I care to admit. Find me here:
https://www.facebook.com/amaliesilver


 GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment