Thursday, May 11, 2017

Us At First by Lindsay Paige!

Synopsis:

Ian Rhett is seventeen when he meets Sydney. She's gorgeous, blushes easily, and has a southern accent. Ian can't help but talk to her and get to know her while she's in town.

When Sydney goes home, they keep in touch by texting and talking over of the phone, becoming closer and closer.

Sydney Jarvis can't believe a chance encounter at sixteen led her to a guy she talks to every single day. Ian's her best friend, who is somehow more than just a friend.

They're young, in love, and the one person they want most, they can't have. Not yet, at least.

This is a prequel novella for Ian Rhett in the Carolina Rebels series.

Sunny's Review:

I really like this series but I was not looking forward to this book. (Sorry Lindsay Paige) I was thinking that I did not want to read about Ian in high school and I was just reading it because I didn't want to be lost when the fourth book comes out. I was wrong. I really loved this story. 

Ian and Sydney meet at the airport and become fast friends. Of course, they are both attracted to the other one but they don't make that the basis of the friendship at first. They spend time together while Sydney is town and then continue to talk and text. This helps establish a solid friendship and they do get to fall in love with each other's personalities. When Ian goes to college, he makes sure that he goes to see Sydney when he can and I absolutely adore him. I like Sydney too and honestly I can't believe what happens in this book. When I finished it, it was very hard not to send a hate email for ending the book where it was and then sending another begging email for the next book. 

This is a very short read to give you the background on Sydney and Ian. I can't wait for the next book. I am giving this book 4.5 stars out of 5. It is short and sweet. 

BUY THE BOOK: Amazon B&N




No comments:

Post a Comment