Thursday, August 11, 2016

Born Sinner by S. L. Jennings!!!


BLURB:


Twenty-two years ago, I was cut from a cold, sodden womb, and cradled in the filth and poverty of Chicago’s concrete arms. Statistically, I wasn’t supposed to survive these streets past the age of eighteen.

Fate had a different plan.

I was bred for one purpose and one purpose only: to unleash death and destruction on my world.

My thoughts are power.

My words are weapons.

Evil created me then grace tried to save me. But first… they tried to kill me.
They call themselves the Se7en. They are sin and salvation, and everything we’ve feared from the beginning of time. And their leader is the deadliest of them all.

He doesn’t lose.

He doesn’t compromise.

And most importantly, he doesn’t distract himself with mortal weakness.

Not until me.

Kill one to save a million.

That’s what he told me when he took me as his prisoner.

Kill one to save a million.

That’s what he’s been trying to tell himself ever since he took me into his arms.




Darra's Review:

I never want to say this in a review, but really it is a OMFG book. The Dark Light Series is in my top 10 favorite series. I believe that this will be another one I will be adding to the list. Truly, Born Sinner was unbelievable. Beautifully written with raw characters and a amazing story that will draw you in from page one. This book is the reason why I love S.L. Jennings writing.
Lets start with Eden. What a $hit card that was given to her before she was out of the womb. She is living the best she can in a ugly world that cares less about her. Fear is not her main problem. It is evil that penetrates her daily life. She is trying to control herself the best she can. However it is extremely hard when it is absorbed in her nightmares every night.
L starts out as a character I loathed. How can a person be so cruel? There is a reason why he had a rough start in the book. The longer you read this book, the more you understand him and want so bad for him to restore himself. Just like Eden, he must control the evil in the world. Eden is his main priority and will stop at nothing to redeem himself as well as bringing Eden with him.
There are many characters I have not mentioned in this review since it is now already lengthy. However they play very important roles that were needed to make this book complete. I have strong feelings(both hate and love) for all of them.
As Sunny explains, part of this book must be read alone without people peeking over your shoulder. Just like the Dark Series, some scenes will leave you breathless. Just a big WOW is all I can say.

I finished this book and pure hatred spewing out of my mouth. Not because I was unsatisfied with the book. It was because S.L. Jennings left me the biggest cliff hanger! How could she toy with my emotions?! I was at lunch and started eating my emotions. Still brewing on my emotions. I will be foaming at the mouth waiting for the next book(not really, I don't have rabies). Words are not strong enough to explain how much I need to read the next book.

I rate the book a 4.9 out of 5. Please don't make me wait till next year. I need my fix of L & Eden!  

Sunny's Review:

This book...I don't even really know where to start. It was awesome. I love it. I guess we will start with Eden. She has had a horrible life. Her mother hated her and she ended up in foster care. She was was beyond poor most of her life. She basically works nights and goes home to have nightmares all day. She has a work friend, Lily and they hit it off pretty well. Some stuff happens and she meets L.
I like Eden. She is freaking insane and I am totally okay with most of that. All things considered, she holds up pretty well.
L is conflicted for me. I want to love him. There are so many things that I want to love about him but there are a couple of things I am not sure I can get over. L is the leader of the Se7en Sinners and is pretty dominant. When he speaks, his word is basically law. The other six in the group are pretty awesome. I am not going to give too many details but I liked seeing the dynamic of the group and their interactions.
This book is not for the faint of heart. The book is graphic and insane. I read it in 2 days and the only reason it took that long was because I actually had work while at work. If I was not busy I would have hidden my phone on my desk and read. Now saying this, be careful when reading in public. I did read while on the treadmill and kept hoping the people on either side didn't pay attention to me. Or hopefully they liked the dark twisted too.
I am giving this book 4.8 out of 5 stars. I can't wait for the next book!!! Go get this and get to reading!!!

This Song Made Us Think Of A Part In The Book!!!

Buy The Book: Amazon US Amazon UK Amazon CA Amazon AU


Teasers!!!




BORN SINNER Release Party: 12P-10P Pacific in the Jonesin' For SL Jennings Reader Group 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JonesinForJennings/


No comments:

Post a Comment