Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lucky Blow by Amanda Washington!!!



Title:- Lucky Blow
Genre: - Urban Fantasy

Series: - Gods and Pawns
Book Length: - 175 pages 55,700 words
Publisher: - Self-published

Blurb:

My day started in an upside-down race against the clock. No joke, at the stroke of midnight, I was suspended midair with my feet up and head down, looking over a room full of priceless artifacts. I’d tell you this isn’t my norm, but I’m not a liar, just a thief. 


Thanks to the deities in her family tree, Romi has been enslaved to a life of larceny since birth. Well, except for that one night, four years ago, when the goddess of love and debauchery sprang her from her prison, slipped her some sort of magical roofie, and introduced her to an irresistible blacksmith for a little tryst resulting in a child. So when two powerful gods show up and offer her a way out of her thieving lifestyle for good, she jumps at the opportunity. All she has to do is blow on a magical sword and imbue it with luck. 

Then she can finally find that guy she’s been dreaming about and introduce him to their son. If only she knew the blacksmith’s name… 

But when the same gods use the sword to rip Zeus’s essence from his body, Romi’s son is kidnapped and held for ransom. Now Romi, her mysterious fling, and her teenage griffin babysitter have to steal back Zeus’s essence from a cast of powerful gods, or they’ll lose the child forever. 

Darra's Review:

We try to read something different every once and a while. Lucky Blow was just that. A original story that I would cannot compare the plot to other books I have read. Truly loved this book.

The characters are all over the place. Good, bad and awful. So many different Gods that I feel that I was relearning them all and what they did to each other. Loved that! The Gods are so interesting themselves, adding Romi and what she endures made the book even better.

Romi is a good person despite where she came from. A terrible upbringing and has to do as told to keep her son safe. However some things she has no control over. All she wants is to live a normal life raising her son. With her manny, Tweety. He is amazing. Despite not being a person, he is loyal beyond belief. She has to make things right and it is all in her hands to fix the problem. This is a journey that may take much longer than she wants. Can't give you too many details.

Dorean was a surprise to her. He is not the usual man. He is gifted as well. And he was meant for her. He plans to be by her side to help her in this journey. I loved him and looking forward to reading more about him. He is a key role that was necessary to make the book the whole package.

You need to read this. Lucky Blow was more than I expected. I read this within a couple of days and I can't wait to read more! Right after reading, I had to find out when the next book will be released. I am not a patient woman!

I rate the book a 4.6 out of 5. 

Sunny's Review:

I love books that have mythology in them so I was very excited to read this book. The book starts out with some action and keeps going from there. I was not bored at any point and read this book in a couple of hours. 

Romi is enslaved her whole life and forced to steal in order to survive. She has had a rough life and the only happiness for her is her son, Dorean and his babysitter, Tweety. I loved Tweety, he was just the correct level of comic relief. He obviously loves Romi and her son. He protects them when he can. Romi does everything that she can for her son and protects him too. She unfortunately makes a bad decision while trying to free herself and her son causing the goddesses to take Dorean. Demarco also had a rough life growing up but in a totally different way than Romi. He is so caring and protective of Romi and Dorean. 

I don't want to give anything away so I will not tell you anymore but I will say that I can't wait to find out what happens next. I love this book and am giving it 4.5 stars out of 5.

About Amanda Washington:


Amanda Washington is a lover of wacky animals, enthralling books, dark chocolate, and red wine. She's always up for a good adventure (real or fictional), and when she's not building imaginary worlds, she's dipping her toes into reality in southwest Washington with her husband and their boys. 

Author (Contact Links)

Website: - http://www.amandawashington.net/ 
Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/AmandaWashington.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting! I'm glad you both enjoyed the beginning of Romi's adventure. Your reviews are both very encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete