Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Driving Me Mad by Lindsay Paige is LIVE!!!

Synopsis:

He was my therapist.

She was my client.

He’s the person I lean on and turn to.

She’s the person who brings me relief when there seems to be none.

He makes me smile and laugh when anxiety and depression consume me.

She helps me breathe when depression is choking me.

I don't know how to live without him.

I don't know how to be honest with her.

Are we driving each other mad?
 

Sunny's Review:

I was not sure about this book at first. A lot of times, I like to read books that could never really happen. I read to escape life. I am really glad that I read this one. Luckily, I don't deal with anxiety but I do deal with depression.
 
This book was great. I honestly felt the anxiety that Brittany was feeling. She is basically at the point of not being able to function in life. I can't imagine how horrible that is but during some of her attacks I could feel the pressure on my chest. I could feel the wanting to be sick and just wanted to close the book so I would not have to deal with her. So I would stop reading and within about five to ten minutes I would start reading again because I needed to know what was happening.
 
Brittany is out of control with her anxiety and depression. She became friends with Trace after she left for college and was no longer using him as her therapist. Trace deals with his own depression issues. I liked seeing their relationship but I also had some issues with it. It is a very fine line that I think they walked since he was her therapist and it caused me a little stress. I liked Trace even though I really wanted to choke him. I am pretty sure one of the first things teach in all psych classes is that you can't treat yourself.
 
I am giving this book 4.6 stars out of 5. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to give the story away but I will say that Lindsay did a wonderful job of showing emotions of the characters and I can't wait for the next book!!!
 

Buy the Book: Amazon Barnes & Noble

 

About Lindsay Paige:

Lindsay Paige is the author of multiple Young Adult, New Adult, and Sports romances. She also coauthored sports romances with Mary Smith. Along with writing, she loves reading, watching hockey, especially the Pittsburgh Penguins, and finding funny terrible puns and recipes on Pinterest. All the while, she is also focused on completing college.

Lindsay resides in North Carolina and is inspired by the world around her and the people in it. She is currently working on numerous solo works.

Lindsay has written the following books/series:
Bending Under Pressure
Bold as Love series
Bracing for Love series
Don't Panic
Sanity series
Without A Doubt
You Before Me

She has cowritten the following series:
The Ninth Inning series
Oh Captain, My Captain series
The Penalty Kill trilogy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment