Monday, December 28, 2015

Catalyst by Leighton Riley!!!

 
Title: Catalyst
Author: Leighton Riley
Release Date: Dec 28, 2015
Find on Goodreads
 
 
 
For every action, there is a reaction.

People aren’t always who they say they are. Everyone has their secrets. Some are more evil than I ever thought imaginable.

I was left broken and alone after my boyfriend was murdered in my bar.

An old acquaintance moves into Liam’s home and a spark is ignited deep inside me.

Becoming vulnerable made me weak, and I never saw it coming.

When obsession takes over, lies and deceit can be killer.
 
 
 

Darra's Review:

We received the book knowing it would be a surprise with no title and author to link it with. Which made it even more exciting. The book was non stop. It kept my interest from the beginning of the story to the last page of the book. I liked Tinsley. She was believable and was down to earth. Not whiny and  is reasonable. She is mourning the death of her past lover. Now trying to move on, she has to get back to real life and try to start to date.
Maguire is interested in Tinsley from the beginning. You will be weary of him and any person she may date. She also is very close to Noah. So sweet. He brings out the best of Tinsley. You can't help but root for him.
I cannot explain more without giving away the ending. 
This is a must read. A favorite I will go back to later. Good job Leighton Riley. Fantastic writing, great story and fascinating characters.
I rate the book a 4.6.      
 

Sunny's Review:

This book was really good. I was sucked in from the very beginning. The author did a great job of making you feel everything that Tinsley was feeling. You feel really bad for her because she is so sad messed up over Liam's death. Understandable, obviously, but you still just feel so bad for her. I was pretty happy when Tinsley started to try to move on. I didn't really like Maguire from the beginning but I was happy that he was bringing her back around. I LOVED Noah. He is the best friend and does anything and everything for Tinsley. I really wanted her to fall for him.
 
I loved the mystery of this book. There are some things that the author just puts out there and I actually liked that. Even though you feel like you know everything that is going on because of the way the book was written you really don't! I love it.
 
Seriously go get this book. I am giving it 4.5 stars out of 5. You need to get it today!
 
 
Watching movers pack away his things and throw them into the truck is so impersonal. Tossing the boxes into a truck with no thought as to what they are handling. I wish I had the strength to be the one who packed it all away, but I couldn’t. It was hard enough to pack up my things. I moved my stuff out of the home two weeks ago, but the majority of everything in that home was his. 
 
He was my other half. My soul mate. One morning, we were completely in love and talking about starting a family, and then by nightfall, I had found my boyfriend barely alive in the storage room of the bar I owned. I rode with him as he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, praying he would pull through even though the look on the paramedics’ faces told me otherwise. After what seemed like forever in the waiting room, doctors gave me the news he didn’t make it. The police questioned me extensively, and later that night, I came home to his empty house. From that day on, I have been on autopilot. 
 
 
 
Leighton Riley resides in Dallas, Tx and works in real estate for her day job. She writes contemporary romance and romantic suspense. Sinfully, Regretfully, and Deceitfully can be read in order or as standalones. Sinfully and Regretfully take place around the same time frame and can even be read in reverse order (will give more background on Payton and Ryder's story). Tate's story, Deceitfully, finishes off the series. She's also the author of the romantic suspense novel, Catalyst.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment