Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Inseperable Strangers by Jill Patten!

22931062
Amazon US http://amzn.to/1DJ6zuSAmazon UK http://amzn.to/1CWEXP3
B&N http://bit.ly/1AgkEPp
Itunes http://on.fb.me/1MIJUmT
Kobo http://bit.ly/1B1qVix
 

SYNOPSIS

Lennox Collins is a spoiled and pretentious twenty-something; believing anyone living below the poverty line should be extinguished from the earth. In reality, she’s no different from those she thinks are beneath her since she pathetically reaps from her father’s wealth. After reluctantly saving a strange homeless man from his demise, she slowly discovers a new being within herself. While she nurses him back to health, her daily ritual and sleeping patterns begin to evolve into a life she could never fathom. There’s only one problem though; the deeper she goes, the less she can differentiate between reality and her own mind. *This is a contemporary romance with supernatural elements*

EXCERPT

  A hand scanted along my thigh leaving a hot sizzle in its path. A gasp passed through my lips as fear trickled up through my chest. My eyes flashed open, but I was unable to see who was drudging up a desire from my core. His calloused finger pressed over my lips. "Shh… it’s okay. It’s me," he whispered, his breath tickling my neck. He didn’t have to say who it was; I knew his voice well by now. After all, he’d invaded my life and I seemed to have lost all control over my mental state. Aaron was hovered over me with both arms stationed on each side of my head. The moonlight streamed through the curtains generating enough light to illuminate the shadow across his face. His eyes stared at me hungrily with lust. I reached up to skim my fingertips over his injured ribs and found his skin bare. His eyes widened along with mine as I realized his entire body was bare. A tingling sensation seized my core and I lifted my hips in seek of relief. That was all it took for Aaron. He lowered his head and his mouth was on mine, stealing my breath, my sounds, my sexual thirst. Taking his knees, he pushed my legs apart and his toned quads pressed down between my thighs. The feeling of skin on skin was exhilarating. I could feel his hardened length graze along the top of my inner thigh, teasing the sensitive lips below. My breathing became shallow with need.

Sunny's Review:

Lately I have been a little blah when it comes to the books I have been reading. Not a lot were holding my attention and I was bored with so many of them. I was like "Oh no here we go. Another little spoiled rich girl who thinks the world owes her everything" and I am not going to lie...you will HATE Lennox in the beginning. I mean I wanted her to be real just so I could punch her in the face. So annoying! As I was reading it was one of those nights where I was falling asleep because it was like 2AM and then I would jerk awake and be like I need to keep reading. Once I got past the loathing of Lennox I couldn't put this book down. Aaron was interesting. He was awesome and then totally surprising. I mean there was a day that I would just look up at Darra (we sit next to each other) and be like "REALLY??!! He did THAT???!!!???" Obviously you are going to have to read the book to find out what I am talking about. I mean wow.

This book is a little bit different than other books and I love the twists in it. It was a book that made me message the author. There are very few that I feel that strongly about. Luckily Jill Patten is super awesome and put up with me!

I am giving this book 4.5 stars. It is a really good book. I am not going to tell you if I ever ended up liking Lennox or not. I feel like you should decide on your own.

Seriously, go get this book! Plus, Jill has another series out. Toxic was free last time I checked. I have not had time to get to it yet but I downloaded it!


Darra's Review:

Sunny and I are thinking similar on this book. I believe my hatred for Lennox was top notch, grade A bitch. A little much? Not really. Really crappy person in the beginning. Aaron? Loved. Super sweet. Except there is one thing that is wrong. You will find out.
I don't even hold being homeless against him. I knew he had to have an interesting story. It was a book that confused me. Which is good. As Sunny says, there are a lot of books out there with the same story. Just different names. You can't place this book with the rest of unread books on your kindle(I might be one of those people).

I am looking forward to many more from Jill. I liked her writing and flew through the book in a couple of days.

Rating the same as Sunny, 4.5.

ABOUT JILL PATTEN

Jill Patten was born a Yankee, but raised a southerner. She lives in the small town of Mayberry, North Carolina which was made famous by a popular TV show back in the sixties. (Maybe there will one day be a statue of her at the end of Main Street. Ha! A girl can dream, right?) Jill has always loved to read, even during reading labs in middle school for reading comprehension. Judy Blume was her first author she hero-worshipped, maturing to revere the works of Stephen King. With all the fantastic authors today, she simply cannot choose a favorite. Her taste is very eclectic and she loves almost all genres. When she's not captivated by her fictional characters, she spends time with her sweet husband and two beautiful children. Music is her muse. Jill also loves elephants, sarcasm, and anything made with sugar, especially sweet tea. She enjoys all things rude and crude and laughs at stuff she probably shouldn't. She has been accused of being bossy a time or two, but doesn't really see it herself. All in all, Jill is just a small town girl in this great big world trying to enable your book addiction. Oh, and if you read her book, please leave her a review - good or bad, she'll love you forever.

Facebook - http://on.fb.me/18dT62Q Goodreads - http://bit.ly/1B1tSji Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/jill_patten Webpage - http://www.jillpatten.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment