Monday, May 11, 2015

Sinder By Jane Devreaux ***REVIEW****


Synopsis:

 
A rumor can make you popular and it can make you dangerous. A rumor can change everything. Her black, too large eyes with too much makeup have already made shudder more than one. It has been said that her parents are in jail; that she beat up to death a guy who dared to make fun of her name. She is Sandre River. He’s the handsome popular football player. The one going out with the gorgeous and too prude Marcy Shepard; the one who has all girls drooling over him. He is Josh Anderson. Sandre will never admit she likes him. Josh will never admit his hormones are boiling. A single provocation from Sandre will be enough to turn their lives upside down. “You want my advice? Get yourself a girl, whichever one, empty your balls, and turn your brain back on.” Who would have imagined that those words could lead to an incredible love story?
                                    
 
 
 
Buy Links:
 
 
 

Darra's Review:

 
We have read many books about a hot football player that all the girls trip all over. Josh just so happens to be one. However he was much more interesting than others I have read. Jane Devreaux hit it on target when she explained in detail how high school kids are horndogs. Yes, I know there are a few virgins. Which so happen to turn up in 85% of books. However reading about a kid with a boner the majority of the book made me laugh my ass off.
There was a background to Sandre that you have to wait till the end to finally know her real story. Which only makes me read the book faster. I am impatient. Forget dinner, I have a book! Usually you see there is a façade behind each character that is not considered  as the popular norm. Sandre is exactly that.
 
I am glad the book was translated into English because I truly enjoyed the story. This is a WTF ending and now will be sending emails to the author demanding the 2nd book to be translated immediately. Will, the nerd's Dad?!!
 
I rate the book a 4.4.
 

Sunny's Review:

I am seriously surprised that I liked this book. There are so many things that I don't really like in stories in this one but for some reason it all worked for me. Normally Sandre would not be a character I like. She was an outcast at her school and kept to herself. She is artsy and really smart. Josh was interesting. I really wanted to hate him but at the end of the day he was just a typical high school boy. I could not stand Marcy. I 100% condone everything that is done to her.
 
Once you read the book I feel like you will all be very surprised by the last sentence. Anyways, Sandre was really funny once you got past the anger. Josh was actually pretty entertaining too. There is a lot going on and I can't tell you how glad I am that I read this book. The next book is being translated and I can't wait for it.
 
I am going to give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. I am going higher because Jane made me like a book I swore I would never like. Go get it!!!
 
 
 
Excerpt:
 
A rumor can make you popular and it can make you dangerous. A rumor can change everything.

Her black, too large eyes with too much makeup have already made shudder more than one. It has been said that her parents are in jail; that she beat up to death a guy who dared to make fun of her name. She is Sandre River.

He’s the handsome popular football player. The one going out with the gorgeous and too prude Marcy Shepard; the one who has all girls drooling over him. He is Josh Anderson.
Sandre will never admit she likes him.

Josh will never admit his hormones are boiling.

A single provocation from Sandre will be enough to turn their lives upside down. “You want my advice? Get yourself a girl, whichever one, empty your balls, and turn your brain back on.”

Who would have imagined that those words could lead to an incredible love story?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment