Thursday, November 28, 2013

Fourth Down by Kirsten DeMuzio



Title: Fourth DownAuthor: Kirsten DeMuzio
Genre: New Adult Romance
Publish Date:  October 21, 2013
Cover: Kirsten DeMuzio
Reading Information: Third book in series. Can be read as Stand alone

Synopsis:

During the biggest football game of his life, Ford Walsh makes a split second decision that will change his life. For the worse. Three years later, Ford is still stuck in that moment – when his leg was broken and his dreams along with it. Not able to move on, Ford trudges through his life, each day more depressing than the last.
Poppy Mitchell has dreams of being a doctor, and she will work night and day to get there. Sweet, focused, and hard working, Poppy forges ahead when obstacles get in her way. When circumstances bring them together, Ford and Poppy develop an unlikely friendship. As they grow closer, Ford is faced with another fourth down decision. Will he go after his old dreams when given the chance? Will Poppy sacrifice her dreams for his? Or will she let him go?
**This book is recommended for a mature audience, age 18 and older, due to language and explicit content.

Goodreads


Sunny's Review:


So I read the 1st 2 books in this series and I loved them. You get to see a little bit of Ford in Just One Reason and I was undecided on my feelings for him. Honestly, there was not enough to make a decision. He was moody and didn't really say much. This book is about him and how his life changed after his football career was ended before it really even started.

I ended up loving Ford. He is great and you see how all he really cares about is his mother. He knows all the sacrifices that she made for him and he just wants to take care of her. He plans on drafting early b/c she has cancer and he wants to be able to pay for the best doctors to help her fight it. I mean how can you not love him for that. Most of the time you assume athletes are looking at what they can buy and status not helping the people who got them where they are.

Poppy is interesting b/c she understands how hard death is on the people left behind. Her father died of cancer and she didn't get to say good-bye. She helps Ford try to deal with his mother's impending death. She is a really strong girl. She does not let him walk all over her and is always there for him.

I am giving this book 4.3 stars out of 5. I think that you should get it and read it. It is a little bit of a tear jerker but totally worth it.

BUY THE BOOK!!

Amazon  Smashwords

About Kirsten:

I am an author of new adult and contemporary romance novels.  My husband and I live in Columbus, Ohio with our two young daughters and happy golden retriever.  When I’m not spending time with my family, I can be found doing one of my other favorite activities – writing, reading and napping.
Connect with Kirsten:  Facebook | Blog | Goodreads | Pinterest







No comments:

Post a Comment