Friday, July 19, 2013

EMBODY by Jamie Magee!!!!

Synopsis:

Not many Scorpio’s are known for their patience, and Willow Haywood is no different. Her only desire is to love Landen Chambers and redeem the lost souls of Esterious, but the path to that desire is long, dark and dangerous...
Before Willow’s life had a chance to balance the sudden revelations and grief she had to endure to get to Chara a disturbing discovery is made. A photo, one that shows Willow blissfully embracing the flawless image of Drake Blakeshire; giving her not only proof that she had lived before, but that she had loved him. 
Running away from the memory of Drake’s hypnotizing touch, and the prophecy set before her seemed like the logical thing to do. That is, until a dark dream reignites her passion to save the hopeless dimension of Esterious. Willow struggles to find patience – to learn everything she needs to know before she faces Drake again, but her eagerness is dangerous and one step in the wrong direction takes everything and everyone away from her – the only way to survive this trial is for Willow to remember who she is and what she really wants out of this life.


Darra's Review:

This series is amazing. I am reading the 4th book now. I have to tell you that these books are intense. I don't think I have ever bored in the 3 books I have read far. Both Willow and Landen go to into the city Delen to help the people that hold sorrow in their minds. The two of them see a woman crying on the road in Charra. When they go to Delen they find her along the road with her dying sister. Willow takes over her sisters body and ends up getting stuck. Landon can't get to her since she now doesn't remember who she is.
It goes into more detail and she ends up at Drakes palace. This is where your feelings change for Drake. Despite the dark he represents he loves Willow so much all he wants to do is take care of her so she will stay by his side. She is stuck in a dying body and only has a few days before it dies. She has to get out and remember who she is.
The ending is tragic and wonderful at the same time. The older sister, Stella ends up finding her soul mate. But I can't tell you who it is.
I still love Landon and all he does for Willow but now I can't help leaving a place of my heart for Drake. So sad. :-(
I would give this book a 4.3. However I have read the first 3, starting the forth book. So far I would give the series a 4.4. I am already afraid of book four. I can already see myself screaming out loud at Willow.


Sunny's Review:

I love this series. I am so excited to read it and can't wait to get to each book. If you have not read Insight go get it now. It is free on bn.com and amazon. This series is a little bit different than what we have been reading.  There are spoilers so make sure that you do not read any further if you have not read Insight!!

So you know that Willow and Landen are soul mates and have been in each other's dreams since they were children. Unfortunately, Drake thinks that Willow is really his soul mate and continues to try to get her to come to him. Landen and Willow are trying to figure out all of their insights and how to use them to help the people of Esterious. I like this book because you get to see them learning what to do and not to do. You also get to see a little bit more about life in Charra. 

You know that I love Landen and Drake just comes off so sleazy in Insight. Well, Jamie goes ahead and throws you a curveball in this book. You get to see a little bit more of Drake and what he is really feeling. There are parts that make me just want to go hug him (and we all know how much I hate touching!).  You get to see some interaction b/t Willow and Drake and you find out that not everything is a black and white as it seems. I could not put this book down. I mean I was up until 2 am b/c as soon as I was done with this book I started Image which is the next book. You will see that review soon.
I would rate this book a 4.2.

BUY THE BOOKS!


About Jamie Magee:

The fun non boring Bio :) 
I'm an obsessive daydreamer. Lover of loud alternative music. Addicted to Red Bull. I love to laugh until it hurts. Fall is my favorite season. Black is my favorite 'shade.' Strong believer in the saying: there is a reason for everything, therefore I search for 'marked moments' every moment of everyday...and I find them. Life is beautiful!



Boring one....
Jamie Magee has always believed that each of us have a defining gift that sets us apart from the rest of the world, she has always envied those who have known from their first breath what their gift was. Not knowing hers, she began a career in the fast paced world of business. Raising a young family, and competing to rise higher in that field would drive some to the point of insanity, but she always found a moment of escape in a passing daydream. Her imagination would take her to places she'd never been, introduce her to people she's never known. Insight, her debuting novel, is a result of that powerful imagination. Today, she is grateful that not knowing what defined her, led her on a path of discovery that would always be a part of her. 

Seriously--READ THIS SERIES!! Then read the See Series!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment